Wednesday 18 January 2012

Kanye West - Illustrated Initials

After having a talk with the class and discussing our work so far, I realised that a lot of the research I had done may not be easily recognisable to my classmates so I asked a couple of them what comes to mind when I mention 'Kanye West' to them.

The response clarified that majority of my research may not of meant a lot to them so I took note of what the said and conducted some more research.

- Touch the Sky
- Diamonds from Sierra Leone
- Gold Digger
- Good Life

(This is the single cover for the song touch the sky)

(This is the album that this song was in)

(This is a screenshot of Kanye West in the Touch the Sky Video)

Research Towards - Diamonds from Sierra Leone
(this is the cover for this songs single)

(here is a screenshot from the music video, this pictures kanye west outside of a church)

(this show's the possible type of font used for the video which could be used)

Here are a couple screenshots of the youtube video.



Gold Digger - Research

Here shows the white strip at the top and bottom of the screen which is a theme 
throughout the video. which i could input in to the initials.

Theme of pretty women with nice bodies throughout the video (magazine models)

Old school look of the magazine and women and the old typography.

Goodlife - Research

In this video they use cartoon effects as shown above 
this is the cover for this song and it uses a good use of typography. (i will take this one further by making the initials using some type)

this part of the video gave me the idea to photoshop kanye west in to the image and make it look
like he's doing the artwork himself.


couple more screenshots of the video showing the cartoon parts mixed with kanye west in it which i think could look good as an effect.





Ideas

I collected and placed all of Kanye West's Album covers in to Illustrator and after arranging them into
a certain sequence I then applied them to the background of his initials.

this was how it turned out I like how this works together and the colours it looks interesting.


This is Kanye West's current album cover, I thought this was a very nice visual so
I used this to background his initial's as a test. I will be advancing this idea, I have had the idea of using
all of his previous album covers which could turn out to be a good effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment